Basic Principles of Mold Removal and Mold Remediation SERVPRO of Spokane Valley follows for your Spokane home.
There are five basic principles of all successful mold removal and mold remediation projects:
- Safety – Protect all workers and occupants. Proper safety gear should be worn when dealing with mold. A high quality, high filtration face mask is a must, as are vinyl or neoprene gloves. A full protective suit is recommended
- Assessment – Make a preliminary assessment, an assessment during mold remediation and an assessment after mold remediation.
- Contamination Control – Prevent cross-contamination and the spread of mold from contaminated areas to areas absent of or with less contamination. SERVPRO trained professionals seal off the work area, usually using plastic sheeting, so that mold spores do not become dispersed throughout the home. SERVPRO of the Spokane Valley’s trained professionals use “negative air” containment, which is created by positioning blower fans and using air pressure machines to bring clean air into the contaminated space and push contaminated air outside the home.
- Source Removal – Physically remove the mold at its source. SERVPRO discard moldy porous building materials such as drywall, insulation and baseboards and use some sort of antimicrobial chemical to actually clean the mold and mold stains.
- Moisture Removal – Eliminate the moisture problem that caused the mold outbreak in your Spokane home.
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same.
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO Spokane Valley is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property
(509) 926-6140 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week