The Truth About Commercial Mold Removal and Mold Remediation in your Spokane Valley business.
Many contractors and even mold removal companies will try to confuse you as to the difference between mold removal and mold remediation. Some will try to tell you that for a small mold issue, you can get mold removal, but for a larger more dangerous issue, you’ll need a more complicated, and expensive, mold remediation. Out of fear, many will choose to go with remediation and spend the extra money. That makes sense, mold can be extremely dangerous, causing severe illness and other problems for your employees and regular customers, but the fact is that mold removal and mold remediation are interchangeable terms that mean the same thing!
Mold is endemic in our environment, meaning you can find it almost everywhere that water and oxygen are present.
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because removing all mold from a house or business is impossible; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (509) 926-6140
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
SERVPRO Spokane Valley is locally owned and operated of over 25 years—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are proud to provide mold remediation services in our local businesses.