SERVPRO of the Spokane Valley Can Help You Deal With Wildfire Smoke.
When wildfire smoke directly impacts you and your home you need to take some action to remediate smoke indoors. SERVPRO of the Spokane Valley is uniquely qualified to help you with your smoke damage and odor problems.
If you live in an area prone to wildfires, it's best to plan ahead and know what safety measures to take to protect your health and your home. For most people without specific health conditions including lung or heart disease, the following protocols can be followed:
- Don't mow the lawn or allow kids to play outdoors when the air quality is compromised by wildfire smoke, even if that smoke is in the distance.
- Be aware of your area's Air Quality Index. Ratings of 51 and below are good. 51 to 100 is a moderate risk, while anything over 100 is unhealthy. If the Air Quality Index reaches 301+ it's hazardous.
- If your local authorities recommend staying indoors, stay indoors.
- Keep windows and fire place dampers closed and window air conditioning units on re-circulating mode.
- If told to evacuate, don't hesitate. Grab a limited amount of essentials and evacuate your area.
Tip: A dusk mask will not protect you from breathing in smoke particles.
Air Scrubbers Can Be Deployed in Your Home
SERVPRO of the Spokane Valley has industrial strength air scrubbers which can efficiently remove smoke from your home and restore a clean breathing environment for your family. These specialized units are uniquely suited for removing smoke, dust and odors from your home. They can be deployed quickly and work quietly to restore your indoor air.
Effects of Forest Fire Smoke on Homes
The damage from a burning fire is easy to see on a home. The smoke from a wildfire can be equally damaging, but may not be as easily seen. However, it almost always can be smelled. Smoke damage to the exterior and interior of your home from a wildfire can be in the form of smoke stains as well as deeply permeating odors. Smoke odors can seep into drywall, woodwork, fabrics, carpet, books and other personal items.
After the danger of the wildfire has passed and you're able to return to your home, it's time to call your insurance agent and the professionals at SERVPRO of Spokane Valley. Our trained teams will assess the smoke damage as well as any fire/water damage that your home may have suffered during the wildfire. We can determine an action plan for cleaning, restoration, and smoke removal. With state-of-the-art equipment, proprietary products, and professionals with years of expertise, SERVPRO of Spokane Valley can safely and effectively remediate wildfire smoke damage for your home.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO Spokane Valley is locally owned and operated for over 25 years, so we are part of this community too. When you have a smoke or fire damage emergency, we’re already nearby and ready to help. We take pride in being a part of the Spokane Valley community and want to do our part in making it the best it can be.